The main issue in conducting well tests in horizontal wells involves challenges in determination of late radial flow using pressure transient technique and, consequently, accuracy of reservoir data and well parameters. Oil production losses during longer shutdown periods for pressure build-up analysis should also be noted. The paper present the results obtained from interpretation of production decline curves of horizontal oilproduction wells (long-term bottomhole pressures and production data) used to determine reservoir flow properties and well parameters. These results are compared with interpreted pressure build-up test data. Conclusions on the applicability and further advancement opportunities of this method are made.
well testing, pressure build-up curve, production data analysis, pressure curves, horizontal oil wells.
1. Agarwal R.G., Gardner David C., Stanley W. Kleinsteiber. Analyzing well production data using combined type curve and decline curve analysis concepts. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, New Orleans, Louisiana, 27-30 September 1998. SPE 49222.
2. Vasilyev V.V., Ivantsov N.N., Lapin К.G. Poisk novykh resheniy dlya optimizatsii razrabotki Russkogo mestorozhdeniya [Search of new solutions to optimization of Russkoye field development]. Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2018, No. 4, pp. 46-52 (in Russian)
3. Kremenetsky M.I., Ipatov А.I., Chernoglazova N.N. Postoyannyy monitoring zaboynykh parametrov i GDIS dlya sovmestno razrabatyvaemykh plastov [Continuous monitoring of bottom-hole parameters and well tests for reservoirs under commingled development]. SPE Russian Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, Moscow, Russia, 26-28 October 2010. SPE 138049 (in Russian)
4. Kobyashev А.V., Volkov V.А. Izuchenie stroeniya plasta s ispol'zovaniem gidroproslushivaniya na primere Suzunskogo mestorozhdeniya [Study of reservoir structure using pressure interference tests by the example of Suzunskoye field]. Neft’.Gaz.Novatsii, 2016, No. 2, pp. 38-41 (in Russian)
5. Kremenetsky М.I., Ipatov А.I. Dolgovremennyy monitoring promyslovykh parametrov kak znakovoe napravlenie razvitiya sovremennykh GDIS [Long-term monitoring of reservoir data as signature trend in the development of current well testing techniques]. Inzhenernaya praktika, 2012, No. 9, pp. 4-8 (in Russian)
6. Tulenkov S.V., Machekhin D.S., Vologodsky К.V., Gaidukov L.А. Osobennosti planirovaniya, provedeniya i interpretatsii rezul'tatov pilotnykh rabot na Russkom mestorozhdenii vysokovyazkoy nefti [Peculiar aspects of planning, execution and interpretation of results of pilot operations in Russkoye heavy oil field (Part 1)]. Neftyanoye khozyaistvo, 2013, No.10, pp. 70-73 (in Russian)
7. Tulenkov S.V., Machekhin D.S., Vologodsky К.V., Gaidukov L.А. Osobennosti planirovaniya, provedeniya i interpretatsii rezul'tatov pilotnykh rabot na Russkom mestorozhdenii vysokovyazkoy nefti [Peculiar aspects of planning, execution and interpretation of results of pilot operations in Russkoye heavy oil field (Part 2)]. Neftyanoye khozyaistvo, 2013, No.11, pp.40-43 (in Russian)
8. Khuramshina А.Z. Izuchenie vozmozhnostey primeneniya analiza dinamiki debitov i zaboynykh davleniy skvazhin OAO «Tatneft'» dlya opredeleniya fil'tratsionnykh parametrov plasta [Feasibility study of determination of reservoir flow parameters through the analysis of production and bottomhole pressure data from wells of OAO TATNEFT]. TatNIPIneft Institute – PJSC TATNEFT (in Russian)