COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS TO PAPER “CHARACTERISTICS OF SUSTAINED-PRODUCTION STAGE OF LONG-LIFE OIL FIELDS” BY IKTISSANOV V.A. AND ZAKIROV S.N.
Iktissanov V.A. and Zakirov S.N. in their paper “Characteristics of sustained-production stage of long-life oil fields” justify the prospects of development of “old” fields that have been produced for a long time, methods of oil recovery factor estimation considering oil migration into a deposit from the entrails of the Earth, necessity to modify methods of reserves auditing and in-place reserves’ estimation, change of material balance equations, etc. In this paper, we offer our comments to the paper of these authors and provide some theoretical and practical suggestions regarding consideration of fundamental concepts of subsurface reservoir geology and the most recent proven phenomena of reforming of oil fields and replenishment by oil from the Earth's deep interior while reserves’ estimation and field development planning. Scientific, operational, and logistical problems are discussed, as well as possible ways to deal with the challenges.
crystalline basement, reserves estimation, oil replenishment, synthesis, field development planning, oil-bearing channels, geologic models, oil recovery factor, hydrocarbons, geologic prospecting, in-place potential resources.
1. Levashov, N.V. Neodnorodnaya Vselennaya [Heterogeneous universe]. Arhangelsk, 2006. 396 p. (in Russian)
2. Barenbaum A.A. Galoktocentricheskaya paradigma v geologii i astronomii [Galactocentric paradigm in geology and astronomy]. Moscow, 2009. p. 546 (in Russian)
3. Barenbaum A.A. Neftegazonosnost' nedr: endogennye i ekzogennye factory [oil and gas potential of subsurface: endogenic and exogenic factors]. Moscow, 2007. p. 41. (in Russian)
4. Sajfullin M.H. Obrazovanie abiogennoj nefti i gaza v nedrah Zemli [Forming of abiogenic oil in bowels of the Earth]. Vestnik molodogo uchenogo, No. 1(13), 2018. pp. 5-17. (in Russian)
5. Degazaciya Zemli: geodinamika, geoflyuidy, neft', gaz i ih paragenezy [Degassing of Earth: geodynamics, geofluids, oil, gas and their paragenesis]. Proc. of All-Russia Conference. GEOS Publ., Moscow, 2008. 622 p. (in Russian)
6. Degazaciya Zemli i genezis neftegazovyh mestorozhdenij [Degassing of Earth and genesis of oil and gas fields]. Moscow, Geos Publ., 2011. 503 p. (in Russian)
7. Goryunov E.Yu. Proyavleniya sovremennyh podtokov uglevodorodov v neftegazonosnye kompleksy na territorii Volgo-Ural'skoj neft'egazonosnoj provincii [Evidence of presentday hydrocarbon inflow on oil-and-gas plays on the territory of Volga-Urals oil and gas province]. Geologiya nefti i gaza, No. 5, 2015. pp. 62-69. (in Russian)
8. Zapivalov, N. P. Dinamika zhizni neftyanogo mestorozhdeniya [Dynamics of an oil filed life]. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta Publ., No. 1, 2012, Vol. 321. pp. 206-211. (in Russian)
9. Kazancev, Yu. V. Vozmozhnost' popolneniya zapasov uglevodorodnogo syr'ya v staryh mestorozhdeniyah v svete sejsmotektonicheskih issledovanij [Potentialities of replenishment of reserves of hydrocarbons in old fields in the light of seismic and tectonic surveys] Geologicheskij sbornik No. 6. Informational materials of Institute of Geology of Ufa Research Centre of Russian Acad. of Sc. Ufa, IG UNC RAN Publ., 2007. pp. 74-78. (in Russian)
10. Plotnikova I.N. Sovremennyj process vozobnovleniya zapasov uglevodorodnogo syr'ya: gipotezy i fakty [Present-day process of replenishment of hydrocarbon reserves: hypotheses and facts]. Georesursy, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2004. p. 40. (in Russian) 11.
Trofimov V.A. Glubinnye regional'nye sejsmorazvedochnye issledovaniya MOGT neftegazonosnyh territorij [Deep regional seismic CDP surveys of oil and gas territories]. GEOS Publ., 2014. 202 p. (in Russian)
12. Trofimov V.A. Kardinal'noe reshenie voprosa povysheniya nefteotdachi «staryh» mestorozhdenij – dobycha nefti neposredstvenno iz neftepodvodyashchih kanalov [Radical solution of enhanced oil recovery of “old” fields – oil production directly from oil-bearing channels]. Georesursy, No. 4(54), 2013. pp. 65-68. (in Russian)
13. Iktissanov, V.A. Skorost' sinteza nefti pri razrabotke mestorozhdenij [Rate of oil synthesis during the process of field development]. Neftepromyslovoe Delo, No. 4, 2017. pp. 49-54. (in Russian)
14. Muslimov R.H., Glumov N.F., Plotnikova I.N., Trofimov V.A., Nurgaliev D.K. Neftegazovye mestorozhdeniya – samorazvivayushchiesya i postoyanno vozobnovlyaemye ob’ekty [Oil-and-gas fields as spontaneously developing and continuously replaceable features]. Geologiya nefti i gaza. Special issue, 2004. pp. 43-49. (in Russian)
15. Zakirov S.N., Zakirov E.S., Indrupskij I.M. Novye predstavleniya v 3D geologicheskom i gidrodinamicheskom modelirovanii [New concepts in 3D static and dynamic modeling] Neftyanoe Khozyajstvo, No. 1, 2006, pp. 34-41. (in Russian)
16. Muslimov R.Kh. Nefteotdacha; proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee (optimizaciya dobychi, maksimizaciya KIN) [Oil recovery: the past, the present, and the future (optimization of production, maximization of oil recovery] FAN Publ., Acad. of Sc. of Republic of Tatarstan, 2014. 750 p. (in Russian)
17. D'yachuk I.A. K voprosu pereformirovaniya neftyanyh mestorozhdenij i plastov [On reforming of oil fields and deposits] Georesursy, No. 1 (60), 2015. pp. 39-46. (in Russian)
Muslimov R.Kh., Dr. Sc., Professor of Oil and Gas Geology Chair at Kazan Federal University, Member of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and the Academy of Mining Sciences, Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
R.Kh. Muslimov Kommentarii i predlozhenija po stat'e V.A Iktisanova i S.N. Zakirova «Osobennosti stadii stabil'noj dobychi dlitel'no razrabatyvaemyh mestorozhdenij» [Comments and suggestions to paper “characteristics of sustained-production stage of long-life oil fields” by Iktissanov V.A. and Zakirov S.N.]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 3(19), 2019. pp. 61-71. https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.3.61-71 (in Russian)