CHARACTERISTICS OF SUSTAINED-PRODUCTION STAGE OF LONG-LIFE OIL FIELDS
Iktissanov V.A., Zakirov S.N.
Recently, a growing number of papers have been published discussing the phenomenon of depleted oil deposits’ replenishment. The paper discusses the main factors causing oil migrate into a deposit and analyze the modeling study results. The discussed oil reserves’ replacement model is based on a radically new concept involving the latest achievements in physics, i.e. broadened concept of matter, nonuniformity of space, and interaction thereof. It has been shown that replacement of hydrocarbon reserves is associated with the change of dimensionality of space in a hydrocarbon reservoir in the process of production, rather than with the reservoir pressure decline. As soon as the synthesis of hydrocarbons has been completed, the dimensionality balance is restored. This trend is unmistakably characteristic of the fields, with a large portion of OOIP having been recovered. The mathematical model shows that as the recoverable reserves are depleted, the rate of hydrocarbon synthesis practically approximates the level of production. The thus formed oil production plateau can continue for an indefinite time. In view of this fact, the notion of “the final stage of development” should be considered erroneous. Some time ago Gavrilov V.P. made an assumption that oil can be classified as renewable minerals, though production after original recoverable oil in place has been extracted is rather low and does not exceed 5 % - 30 % of the peak production, on the average. The amount of oil produced during this closing long-continued stage of the field life depends on the reservoir performance in the preceding years, including production rates, the injected-produced water ratio, and many other factors. The results of the study suggest that there is a need for a paradigm shift in the concept of development of “old” fields and in basic approaches to field development (change of material balance equations, new reservoir simulators basing on oil replacement concept, new methods of oil recovery factor estimation, optimal production rates, EOR/IOR methods, reserves auditing, and others).
field development stages, reserves replacement, oil replenishment, synthesis, hydrocarbon field, oil recovery factor, oil-bearing channels, first matter.
1. Muslimov R.H. Osvoenie supergigantskogo Romashkinskogo mestorozhdeniya – vydayushchijsya vklad uchyonyh i specialistov Rossii v mirovuyu neftyanuyu nauku i praktiku razrabotki neftyanyh mestorozhdenij [Development of the super-giant Romashkinskoye oil field: outstanding contribution of Russian scientists and engineers into the world petroleum science]. Georesursy, 2008, No. 4(27). pp. 2-5 (in Russian)
2. Zakirov S.N., Indrupskij I.M., Zakirov E.S. et eal. Novye principy i tekhnologii razrabotki mestorozhdenij nefti i gaza [Novel principles and technologies for development of oil and gas fields]. Part 2. Moscow-Izhevsk. Institute of computer studies, 2009. 484 p. (in Russian)
3. Gavrilov V.P. Resursy nefti i gaza vozobnovlyaemy [Oil and gas resources are renewable]. Available at: http://www.gubkin.ru/faculty/geology_and_geophysics/chairs_and_departments/geology/ Neft%20gas%20vozobnovlyaemy.pdf (in Russian)
4. Gavrilov V.P. Vozmozhnye mekhanizmy estestvennogo vospolneniya zapasov na neftyanyh i gazovyh mestorozhdeniyah [Possible mechanism of oil and gas reserves replacement] Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2008, No. 1. pp. 56-64. (in Russian)
5. Muslimov R.H., Glumov N.F., Plotnikova I.N., Trofimov V.A., Nurgaliev D.K. Neftegazovye mestorozhdeniya – samorazvivayushchiesya i postoyanno vozobnovlyaemye ob’ekty [Oil-and-gas fields as spontaneously developing and continuously replaceable features]. Geologiya nefti i gaza. Special issue, 2004. pp. 43-49. (in Russian)
6. Barenbaum A.A. Nauchnaya revolyuciya v probleme proiskhozhdeniya nefti i gaza Novaya neftegazovaya paradigma [Scientific revolution in oil and gas origin problem. New oil and gas paradigm]. Georesursy, No. 4(59), 2014. pp. 9-15 (in Russian)
7. Zapivalov N.P., Popov I.P. Flyuidodinamicheskie modeli zalezhej nefti i gaza [Dynamic models of oil and gas deposits] Novorossijsk, SO RAN Publ., 2003. p. 197 (in Russian)
8. Zapivalov N.P. Neftegazovaya nauka i praktika XXI veka: novye idei i paradigmy [Oil and gas science and reservoir engineering practice of the 21st century: new ideas and paradigms] Burenie i neft, March 2016. Available at: (http://burneft.ru/archive/issues/2016-03/12) (in Russian)
9. Muslimov R.H., Trofimov V.A. Burenie special'nyh parametricheskih skvazhin na prognoziruemye neftepodvodyashchie kanaly – optimal'nyj put' polucheniya dokazatel'stv nalichiya sovremennoj podpitki neftyanyh mestorozhdenij glubinnymi uglevodorodnymi flyuidami [Drilling of stratigraphic on-structure wells penetrating the predicted oilbearing channels as an optimal way to obtain evidence of present-day deep oil inflow] Georesursy, No. 5(47), 2012. pp. 41-44. (in Russian)
10. Plotnikova I.N. Geologo-geofizicheskie i geohimicheskie predposylki perspektiv neftegazonosnosti kristallicheskogo fundamenta Tatarstana [Geological-geophysical and geochemical implications of crystalline basement oil potential prospects in Tatarstan]. St. Petersburg: Nedra Publ., 2004. 172 p. (in Russian)
11. Smirnova M.N. Groznenskaya shkola geologov-neftyanikov, storonnikov glubinnogo proiskhozhdeniya nefti [Grozny school of petroleum geologists-advocates of deep seated origin of oil] in Book Degazaciya Zemli i genezis uglevodorodnyh flyuidov i mestorozhdenij [Degassing of the Earth and genesis of hydrocarbon fluids and fields]. Moscow, Geos Publ., 2002. pp. 36-367. (in Russian)
12. Timurziev A.I. Analiz treshchinnyh sistem osadochnogo chekhla i fundamenta mestorozhdeniya Belyj Tigr [Analysis of fractured systems of the sedimentary mantle and basement of White Tiger field (Vietnam)]. Ekspoziciya neft' gaz, No. 5(11), 2010. pp. 11-20. (in Russian)
13. Trofimov V.A., Korolev E.A., Huzin I.A. Chto takoe neftepodvodyashchie kanaly? [What are oil-bearing channels?] Proc of All-Russia Conference Degazaciya Zemli: Geotektonika, geodinamika, geoflyuidy, neft' i gaz, uglevodorody i zhizn' [Degassing of the Earth: geotectonics, geodynamics, geofluids, oil and gas, hydrocarbons, and life]. Moscow: GEOS Publ., 2010. pp. 577-579. (in Russian)
14. Iktissanov V.A. Razvitie koncepcii vospolneniya zapasov nefti pri razrabotke mestorozhdenij [Development of concept of reserves replacement in the process of oil production] e-journal Oil and Gas Province, 2018, No. 1(13). pp. 20-43 (in Russian)
15. Iktissanov V.A., Shkrudnev F.D. Zagadochnaya temnaya maslyanistaya zhidkost [Mysterious dark oily liquid]. Moscow: OAO VNIIO-ENG Publ., 2019. 104 p. (in Russian)
16. Iktisanov, V.A. Koncepciya nefteobrazovaniya i vospolneniya zapasov v istoshchennyh mestorozhdeniyah [Concept of oil generation and reserves’ replacement in depleted fields] Collection of research papers of PJSC TATNEFT. Issue No. LXXXIV. Moscow: OAO VNIIONG Publ., 2016. pp. 214-218. (in Russian)
17. Levashov, N.V. Neodnorodnaya Vselennaya [Heterogeneous universe]. Arhangelsk, 2006. 396 p. (in Russian)
18. Iktissanov, V.A. Skorost' sinteza nefti pri razrabotke mestorozhdenij [Rate of oil synthesis during the process of field development] Neftepromyslovoe delo, No. 4, 2017. pp.49-54. (in Russian)
19. Bazarevskaya V.G. Unikal'noe Romashkinskoe mestorozhdenie Tatarstana – neissyakaemyj istochnik prirosta zapasov nefti [Unique Romashkinskoye oil field is the inexhaustible source of oil reserves growth] Georesursy, No.(19), 2006. pp. 9-11. (in Russian)
V.A. Iktissanov, S.N. Zakirov Osobennosti stadii stabil'noj dobychi dlitel'no razrabatyvaemyh neftjanyh mestorozhdenij [Characteristics of sustained-production stage of long-life oil fields]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 3(19), 2019. pp. 44-60. https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.3.44-60 (in Russian)