In this paper, efficiency of various modifications of drill perforation intended for deep reservoir drainage and core sampling is analyzed. Real field data obtained from production and injection wells at different production areas of NGDU Aznakaevskneft from 2011 to 2014 were used. Field testing of perforators demonstrated that PS-500 drill perforator with increased drill exit (up to 40 cm) has undeniable advantages over the PF 112/35 milling perforator-core sampler with milling cutter exit of not more than 5 cm. PS-500 perforator produces 20-mm holes while milling perforator PF-112/35 yields 35-mm holes. It was proved, however, that the difference in perforators’ field performance is not attributable to diameter but rather to the depth of penetration, which enables, at least partially, to pass through formation damage area in bottomhole formation zone resulting from invading mud and cement filtrate. The authors make a reasonable conclusion that such an advantage of the PS-500 perforator makes it the most technological and cost-effective well intervention solution to increase the productivity of old production wells.
drill perforation, milling perforation, formation damage area, perforator exit, specific production rate, idle time.
1. Filidi G.N., Filidi K.G., Gutorov Yu.А. Sovremennaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya otbora kerna, sverlyashchey perforatsii i glubokogo drenirovaniya plastov v neftyanykh skvazhinakh [Modern equipment and technologies of core sampling, drill perforation and deep reservoir drainage in oil wells]. Ufa, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, 2012, 207 p. (in Russian)
2. Bulatov А.I. Formirovanie i rabota tsementnogo kamnya v skvazhine [Development and performance of cement sheath in wells]. Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1990, 407 p. (in Russian)
3. Sutyagin V.V. Snizhenie pronitsaemosti mezhplastovoy izolyatsii v skvazhine [Reduction of zonal isolation permeability in well]. Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1989, 264p. (in Russian)
4. (reference date 17.09.2019)
5. (reference date 17.09.2019)
6. Zdorov F.G., Nizhnik А.Е. O vliyanii tsementirovaniya na fil'tratsionnuyu kharakteristiku produktivnykh ob"ektov [Influence of cementing operations on permeability and porosity of pay zones]. Neftyanoe khozyaistvo, 1980, No.3, pp. 21-24. (in Russian)
7. Gilyazov R.М., Rakhimkulov R.Sh., Gilyazov А.R. Razobshchenie plastov v neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhinakh na pozdney stadii razrabotki mestorozhdeniy [Zonal isolation in oil and gas wells at the late stage of field development]. Ufa, ООО Bashgeoproekt, 2008, 440 p. (in Russian)
8. Nizhnik А.B, Kuksov А.К., Lebedev О.А. et al. K voprosu o vliyanii protsessa tsementirovaniya na produktivnost' skvazhin. [Influence of cementing process on well productivity revisited]. Stroitel'stvo skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2001, No. 5-6, pp. 27-33. (in Russian)
Taipova V.A., PhD, Chief Geologist – Deputy Director for Research in Reservoir Engineering and IT Development, TatNIPIneft Institute – PJSC TATNEFT, Bugulma, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
Filidi G.N., Dr.Sc., Director of Research and Production Enterprise OOO NPP EGRIS, Oktyabrskiy, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail: Gutorov U.A., Dr.Sc, Head of R
Gutorov U.A., Dr.Sc, Head of Research and Analysis in Fuel and Energy Complex, Regional R&D center Neftyanaya Dolina, member of RANS, Oktyabrsky, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation E-mail:
V.А. Тaipova, G.N. Filidi, U.A. Gutorov Analiz sravnitel'noj jeffektivnosti sverljashhej i frezernoj perforacii v jekspluatacionnyh i nagnetal'nyh skvazhinah NGDU «Aznakaevskneft'» PAO «Tatneft'» [Comparative analysis of efficiency of drill and milling perforation in production and injection wells of ngdu aznakaevskneft – pjsc tatneft]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 3(19), 2019. pp. 189-201. https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.3.189-201 (in Russian)