TILTED OIL-WATER CONTACT IN THE BOTUOBINSKY HORIZON OF THE SREDNEBOTUOBINSKOE OIL GAS CONDENSATE FIELD AS AN INDICATION OF PECULIARITIES OF OIL AND GAS FORMATION AND ACCUMMULATION IN NEPSKO-BOTUOBINSKAYA ANTICLINE
In the last decade the trend of rapid exhaustion of the developed fields with conventional hydrocarbon (HC) reserves becomes more and more evident. In this regard, the development of targets with complex geological structure requires improved approaches to the study of the features of their reservoir properties and lithological composition using modern methods of core analysis. Application of the X-ray computer tomography as means of "digital petrophysics" is a rather new direction allowing to consider heterogeneity of reservoir properties in the volume of a whole deposit with high facial rock variability and to obtain data for the qualitative analysis of the structure of pore space, defining quantitative petrophysical characteristics of core samples. This paper presents the experience of using computed tomography to study the structural features of the void space of the Domanik deposits of the Bavlinsky field using standard core samples, which revealed the presence of microcrack systems, cavities, an ordered distribution of dense inclusions in the sample, microlamination in the samples and a system of communicating channels. In addition, the geometric parameters of the cracks were determined, the porosity values were calculated, and the dependences of the porosity distribution over the sampling interval were obtained. Comparison of the calculated values of porosity with the places of sampling in the studied interval of the domanic sediments allowed us to carry out a correlation for samples with characteristic oil saturation. The conducted research confirmed dependence of reservoir properties on morphology of pore space and lithologic variability of rocks. It was also established that the main share of porosity in petrosaturated samples of domanic deposits is caused by existence of ordered microcracks and the extended rock fissuring (leptoclases), as well as large hollow secretions (geodes) in single samples.
standard core samples, rock sections, litotype, organic matter, tomographic analysis, domanic sediments, microlamination samples.
1. R.S. Khisamov Domanikovye produktivnye otlozheniya Tatarstana - Analog "Slancevyh pleev" SSHA (Domanik sediments in Tatarstan - analog to shale plays in the USA). Nedropolzovanie-21 vek, 2016, No. 3 (60), pp. 84-93. Available at: (in Russian)
2. O.V. Presnyakova Slancevaya neft' domanikitov – chto eto? (Shale oil of domanikites – what is it?). Geologiya, razrabotka neftyanyh i neftegazovyh mestorozhdenij, 2014, pp. 21-32 (in Russian)
3. G.G. Iskandarov, A.T. Gabdrakhmanova Domanik – eto zavtra Tatarstana (Domanik is Tatarstan’s future). West-Siberian Oil-and-Gas Congress. Innovations in oil and gas industry: Proc. of X International Scientific and Technical Congress of SPE Student Branch. Tyumen, 2016, pp. 121-134 (in Russian)
4. T.A. Kiryukhina, N.P. Fadeeva, A.V. Stupakova, E.N. Poludetkina, R.S. Sautkin Domanikovye otlozheniya Timano-Pechorskogo i Volgo-Ural'skogo bassejnov (Domanik deposits in Timano-Pechersky and Volga-Urals basins). Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2013, No. 3, pp. 76-87 (in Russian)
5. Report on applied research on ―Development of technical solutions for unconventional reservoirs (Domanik deposits) and hard-to-recover reserves production based on experimental studies‖, Phase 2: Identifying principles of core fluid properties changes under man-induced factors. Research advisor: I.S. Zakirov, Dr.Sc. Almetyevsk, AGNI Publ., 2018. (in Russian)
6. S.N. Krivoschekov, A.A. Kochnev Opyt primeneniya rentgenovskoj komp'yuternoj tomografii dlya izucheniya svojstv gornyh porod (Application of X-ray CT to study rock characteristics). Perm National Polytechnical University Bulletin, Geologiya. Neftegazovoye i Gornoye Delo, 2013, No. 6, pp. 32-42 (in Russian)
7. Wellington, S.L., Vinegar, H.J. X-ray computerized tomography. Journal of Petroleum Technology 39, 1987, pp. 885–898 (in English)
Zakirov I.S., Dr.Sc, Pro-rector for Research, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
Zakharova E.F., PhD, Associate Professor, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
Orekhov E.V., Senior Lecturer, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
Alen’kin D.A., Master's Student, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
Ganiev D.I., Engineer, Research Center, Domanik bitumen sector, Almetyevsk State Petroleum Institute, Almetyevsk, Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
I.S. Zakirov, E.F. Zakharova, E.V. Orekhov, D.A. Alen’kin, D.I. Ganiev Osobennosti izuchenija struktury pustotnogo prostranstva domanikovyh otlozhenij na osnove tomograficheskih issledovanij [Features of studying the structure of the void space of domanik formations on the basis of tomographic studies]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 2(18), 2019. pp. 25-42. DOI https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.2.25-42 (in Russian)