ECONOMIC SANCTIONS: COSTS AND BENEFITS FOR THE OIL AND GAS AND BANKING INDUSTRIES IN MODERN TERMS
Lobusev A.V., Yakimov A.S., Khafizova G.R., Fatkhutdinova R.A., Nikitin T.O.
The modern unstable economic processes between the participants of the financial and commodity markets not only in Russia, but also in the international format, which are caused by sanctions against oil and gas companies and systemically important banks of the country, have led to the need to neutralize the emerging external challenges in the form of unplanned risks of doing business and reorientation of partnership and financial and economic relations from some participants in the world markets to others. At the same time, there was a definition of ways to reduce risks among banks and oil and gas companies by identifying domestic, national sources, allowing to gradually reduce financial gaps in the course of the gradual development of sanctions For oil and gas companies and commercial banks, the risks caused by sanctions were significant not only from the point of view of not being incorporated in their tactics and strategies of doing business, but also from the point of attracting foreign capital to continue effective management of their own projects, customer service, and so on. The ability to generate projected profits and other financial/non-financial benefits in the face of evolving risks has proved difficult. Today there is a favorable tendency of gradual stabilization of activity of these categories of institutions and, accordingly, reduction of financial risks in the form of reduction of financial result of the activity.
risk, Bank risks, financial risks, oil and gas risks, oil and gas business, banking system, sanctions, profit.
1. James Pickford Upravlenie riskami [Risk management]. Moscow: OOO Vershina Publ, 2004. 352 p. (in Russian)
2. V.P. Bitkov, K.E. Manuilov Vliyanie sankcij na finansovyj rynok Rossii [Effect of sanctions on financial market of Russia]. Problemy nacional'noj strategii, 2018, No.3 (48). pp. 137-155 (in Russian)
3. N.Porokhova Rossijskij neftegazovyj sektor: riski sankcij i torgovyh vojn [Russian oil and gas sector: risks of sanctions and economic warfare]. III International Conference “Risk Management in Oil and Gas Sector”, General Session “Risks in present-day global power industry. Risks management”. Moscow, 4 October, 2018. (in Russian)
4. P.Sorokin Stimulirovanie dobychi nefti v tradicionnyh regionah dobychi [Oil production stimulation in oil-producing regions]. VI International Forum “Exploration, Production and Refining-2018”, General Session “Integration processes and the role of Moscow in supporting sustainable development of global power industry”. Moscow, 13 November, 2018 (in Russian)
5. K.O. Shayakhmetova, E.T. Kusen Riski neftegazovoj otrasli i vozmozhnosti upravleniya riskami [Risks in oil and gas industry and risk management capabilities]. Vestnik KazNU, 2012, No.3(91). pp.153-157 (in Russian)
6. Bankovskij sektor v 2018 godu: stavka na krupnyh [Banking sector in 2018: focus on major players]. Available at: https://raexpert.ru/researches/banks/bank_sector _2018 (in Russian)
7. Vliyanie ehkonomicheskih sankcij na bankovskuyu sistemu Rossii [Effect of economic sanctions on Russian banking system]. Available at: https://idaten.ru/economic/vliyanieekonomicheskih-sankcii-na-bankovskuu-sistemu-rossii (in Russian)
8. Prognoz razvitiya bankovskogo sektora v 2018 godu: krizis biznes-modeli [Projected growth of banking sector in 2018: business-model crisis]. Available at: https://raexpert.ru/researches/banks/prognoz_2018 (in Russian)
9. Rejting krupnejshih kompanij Rossii na sootvetstvuyushchij god po ob"emu realizacii produkcii [Ranking of major Russian companies based on products marketing]. Available at: http://expert.ru/ratings/rejting-krupnejshih-kompanij-rossii-2016-po-ob_emurealizatsii-produktsii/ (in Russian)
10. Riski i neopredelennost' v neftyanoj otrasli [Risks and uncertainties in oil industry]. Available at: http://vseonefti.ru/etc/riski-v-neftyanoi-otrasli.html (in Russian)
11. «Slancevaya revolyuciya» v SSHA stavit krest na stabilizacii mirovogo rynka nefti [Shale revolution in USA puts an end to global oil market stabilization]. Available at: http://teknoblog.ru/2017/03/30/76412 (in Russian)
12. Struktura VVP i ehksporta Rossii po otraslyam ehkonomiki [GDP and export pattern in Russia]. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/free/B04_03/IssWWW.exe/Stg/d06/64.htm (in Russian)
13. Federal'nyj byudzhet Rossijskoj Federacii [Federal budget of Russian Federation]. Available at: https://www.minfin.ru/ru/statistics/fedbud/?id_65=80041&page_id=3847&popup=Y&are a_id=65 (in Russian) 14.Moody's: bankovskaya sistema RF smozhet vyderzhat' eshche odnu volnu sankcij [Moody’s: RF banking system can survive another set of sanctions]. Available at: https://tass.ru/ekonomika/5267934 (in Russian)
Lobusev A.V., Doctor of geological-mineralogical Sciences, Dean of the Faculty of Geology and Geophysics, RSU of oil and gas I. M. Gubkin, Moscow, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yakimov A.S., Сandidate of geological-mineralogical Sciences, associate Professor of General and petroleum Geology, RSU of oil and gas I. M. Gubkin, Moscow, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Khafizova G.R., СS (Economic), Assoc. Prof. of the financial markets and financial institutions Department, Institute of management, Economics and Finance of Kazan (Volga) Federal University Kazan, Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: GulnRHafizova@kpfu.ru
Fatkhutdinova R.A., Master of Economic, Institute of management, Economics and Finance, Kazan (Volga) Federal University, Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikitin T.O., Master of Economic, Institute of management, Economics and Finance, Kazan (Volga) Federal University, Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
A.V. Lobusev, A.S. Yakimov, G.R. Khafizova, R.A. Fatkhutdinova, T.O. Nikitin Jekonomicheskie sankcii: izderzhki i vygody dlja neftegazovoj i bankovskoj otraslej v sovremennyh uslovijah [Economic sanctions: costs and benefits for the oil and gas and banking industries in modern terms]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 1(17), 2019. pp. 251-265. DOI https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.1.251-265 (in Russian)