Geological and reservoir flow models have been built for the carbonate Bashkirian and Vereiskian reservoirs of the Kurmanayevskoye oil field. The geological model was built using the ROXAR’s modeling system IRAP RMS. The grid size was 0.4 m, the same for both simulated targets. The dynamic model was built using the ROXAR’s Tempest 7.2. software. To model the geology of carbonate reservoirs, J-curve was used. Upscaling was not performed. The model was history matched using the available production data. Carter-Tracy aquifer model was used to consider for aquifer performance (effect of marginal and bottomhole water). Using the production history matching results, the forecast reservoirs performances considering production enhancement operations were calculated. The paper presents the maps of mobile oil reserves of the Kurmanayevskoye oil field throughout the field production life. The expected oil recovery factor in the recommended development option is 0.244/
carbonate reservoir, the Bashkirian formation, the Vereiskian formation, geological and flow models, the Middle Carboniferous, well log interpretation, cross-plot, relative permeability, production history, mobile oil reserves, aquifer performance, reserves‘ development.
1. Khisamov R.S., Ibatullin R.R., Nikiforov A.I., Ivanov A.F., Nizaev R.Kh. Teoriya i praktika modelirovaniya razrabotki neftyanyh mestorozhdenij v razlichnyh geologofizicheskih usloviyah [Theory and practice of modeling of oil fields in different geological and reservoir conditions]. Kazan. FAN Publ., Acad. of Sc. of Republic of Tatarstan, 2009. 239 p. (in Russian)
2. Nikiforov A.I., Nizaev R.Kh., Khisamov R.S. Modelirovanie potokootklonyayushchih tekhnologij v neftedobyche [Modeling of flow-diverter technologies in oil and gas production]. Kazan. FAN Publ., Acad. of Sc. of Republic of Tatarstan, 2011. 224 p. (in Russian)
3. Nizaev R.Kh., Nasybullin A.V. Uchebnoe posobie po «Modelirovaniyu v razrabotke neftyanyh mestorozhdenij: sozdanie gidrodinamicheskoj modeli na baze paketov programm firmy ROXAR MORE–Tempest» [Modeling in reservoir engineering: creating a dynamic model using the ROXAR’s reservoir modeling systems MORE–Tempest]. Almetyevsk: Almetyevsk State Oil Institute Publ., 2014. 47 p.
4. Yegorova Yu.L., Nizaev R.Kh. Ispol'zovanie trassernyh metodov issledovaniya dlya izucheniya prostranstvennogo orientirovaniya treshchin v karbonatnyh kollektorah [Application of tracer survey methods to understand spatial orientation of fractures in carbonate reservoirs]. Proc. of II International Research to Practice Conference Dostizheniya, problemy i perspektivy razvitiya neftegazovoj otrasli [Achievements, challenges, and future development of oil-and-gas industry]. Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, 2018. (in Russian)
5. Nizaev R.Kh., Sudo R.M. Ocenka podvizhnyh zapasov nefti pri razlichnoj ostatochnoj neftenasyshchennosti v ob"eme rezervuara. Principy postroeniya risunkov-kart podvizhnyh zapasov uglevodorodov [Assessment of mobile oil reserves at different residual oil saturation. Principles of construction of mobile oil reserves’ maps]. Collection of research papers TatNIPIneft – PJSC TATNEFT. Moscow: Neftyanoye Khozyaistvo Publ., 2015. Iss. 83. pp. 58-63. (in Russian)
6. Nizaev R.Kh., Sudo R.M. Principy postroeniya raspredeleniya plotnosti podvizhnyh zapasov nefti [Principles of mobile oil reserves density distribution maps]. Territoriya «Neftegaz», No. 3, 2016. pp. 126-130. (in Russian)
Nizaev R.Kh., Dr.Sc., Assistant Professor, Leading Research Associate, TatNIPIneft–PJSC TATNEFT, Bugulma, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail:
R.Kh. Nizaev, R.I. Gabdrakhmanova, S.A. Aleksandrov, M.A. Lifantyeva, M.R. Sovershenstvovanie vyrabotki zapasov nefti iz karbonatnyh kollektorov kurmanaevskogo mestorozhdenija na osnove ispol'zovanija geologicheskogo i gidrodinamicheskogo modelirovanija [Geological and reservoir flow models are used to optimize development of kurmanaevskoye field’s carbonate reservoirs]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 1(17), 2019. pp. 126-140. DOI https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.1.126-140 (in Russian)