THE USE OF GEOLOGICAL AND HYDRODYNAMIC MODELING TO STUDY THE SPATIAL ORIENTATION OF CRACKS IN CARBONATE COLLECTORS BASED ON TRASSERAL RESEARCH METHODS
Egorova Yu.L., Nizaev R.Kh., Ivanov A.F., Fattakhov I.G
The article proposes to use the results of indicator research methods to clarify the geological structure of deposits. Comparing the dynamic filtration rates of fluids with the actual results of indicator studies, it is possible to determine the preferred directions and orientation of cracks in carbonate reservoirs. In order to study the spatial orientation of cracks in carbonate reservoirs based on the results of tracer studies, a geological-hydrodynamic model of the Tournaisian deposits of 101 deposits of the Novo-Elkhovsky deposit was used. At the same time, geological and technological modeling with an iterative method of creating models is used as an implementation of this approach. The filtration model was selected on the basis of the physicochemical properties of the carbonate sediments fluids saturating the formation, taking into account the double porosity and double permeability of the object under study. In the filtration model, the size and number of cells of the geological model were saved. The adaptation of the parameters of the filtration model according to the development history was carried out in two versions. In the first variant, the parameters of the filtration model were adapted without taking into account the results of indicator studies. The values of permeabilities in the directions of the X, Y and Z cracks were assumed to be equal. In the second variant, the parameters of the filtration model were adapted to reflect the results of indicator studies. As a result of adaptation, the values of permeabilities in the directions of the X and Z cracks were obtained more than in the Y direction. The use of directional orientation in modeling allowed us to establish the main direction of the cracks along which the fluid is filtered. Application of the results of indicator studies in the construction and adaptation of parameters of the reservoir filtration model increases the degree of compliance with the geological and technological model and the real object of development.
indicator, filtration, spatial orientation of cracks, carbonate reservoir, adaptation of the filtration reservoir model.
1. V.N. Kirkinskaya, E.M. Smekhov Karbonatnye porody - kollektory nefti i gaza [Carbonates as oil and gas reservoirs]. JI.: Nedra, 1981. 255 p. (in Russian)
2. D.A. Martyushev, A.V. Lekomtsev, A.G. Kotousov Opredelenie raskrytosti i szhimaemosti estestvennyh treshchin karbonatnoj zalezhi Logovskogo mestorozhdeniya [Determination of natural fracture opening and closing in a carbonate reservoir of Logovsky field]. Vestnik PNIPU. Geologia. Neftegazovoye i gornoye delo, 2015, No.16. pp.61-69 (in Russian)
3. Kompleksnye aehrokosmogeologicheskie, morfostrukturnye i indikatornye issledovaniya po utochneniyu geologicheskogo stroeniya i izucheniyu lateral'noj anizotropii porod turnejskogo yarusa i karbonatnogo devona Novo-Elhovskogo mestorozhdeniya [Integrated space-geological, morphostructural, and tracer surveys to revise geological model and study the lateral anisotropy of Tournaissian rocks and Devonian carbonates of Novo-Elkhovskoye field]: Research report, TatNIPIneft. Research manager A.A. Strizhenok. Bugulma, 2012. 74 p. (in Russian)
4. Yu.L. Egorova Primenenie indikatornyh metodov dlya izucheniya fil'tracionnyh svojstv kollektorov i utochneniya geologicheskogo stroeniya plastov [Application of tracer survey methods to study reservoir flow properties and to revise geological model]. Bulatovskie chteniya. Proceedings of the 1st International Science and Technical Conference, 2017, Vol.2. pp.76-78 (in Russian)
5. R.S. Khisamov, R.R. Ibatullin, A.I. Nikiforov, A.F. Ivanov, R.Kh Nizaev Teoriya i praktika modelirovaniya razrabotki neftyanyh mestorozhdenij v razlichnyh geologofizicheskih usloviyah [Theory and practice of oilfield development simulation for various geologic conditions]. Kazan: FEN Publ, 2009. 239 p. (in Russian)
6. Nizaev, Yu.L. Egorova Primenenie trassernyh metodov issledovaniya dlya opredeleniya prostranstvennogo orientirovaniya treshchin v karbonatnyh kollektorah s ispol'zovaniem geologicheskogo i gidrodinamicheskogo modelirovaniya [Application of tracer survey methods to determine fracture spatial orientation in carbonate reservoirs based on geologic modeling and reservoir simulation]. Neftyanaya provinciya, 2018, No.1 (13). pp. 12-19 (in Russian) 7. R.Kh. Nizaev, A.V. Nasybullin Modelirovaniye v razrabotke neftyanyh mestorozhdenij: sozdanie gidrodinamicheskoj modeli na baze paketov programm firmy ROXAR - MORE – Tempest [Simulation in oil field development: reservoir simulation model based on ROXAR - MORE –Tempest software packages]. Teaching guide. Almetyevsk: Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, 2014. 47 p. (in Russian)
Egorova Yu.L., Senior lecturer in Oil and Gas Fields Development and Operation, Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nizaev R.Kh., Dr.Sc., Assistant Professor, Leading Research Associate, TatNIPIneft–PJSC TATNEFT, Bugulma, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Ivanov A.F., PhD, Senior lecturer, First vice-rector, Almetyevsk State Oil Institute, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation Е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fattakhov I.G., PhD, Senior lecturer, Deputy Head of EOR Management Department, PJSC TATNEFT’s Executive Board, Almetyevsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation E-mail: email@example.com
Yu.L. Egorova, R.Kh. Nizaev, A.F. Ivanov, I.G. Ispol'zovanie geologicheskogo i gidrodinamicheskogo modelirovanija dlja izuchenija prostranstvennogo orientirovanija treshhin v karbonatnyh kollektorah na osnove trassernyh metodov issledovanija [The use of geological and hydrodynamic modeling to study the spatial orientation of cracks in carbonate collectors based on trasseral research methods]. Neftyanaya Provintsiya, No. 1(17), 2019. pp. 116-125. DOI https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.1.116-125 (in Russian)